My CPA did not file my taxes in a timely manner and now the IRS is assessing monetary penalties. I wish to receive restitution. Can I file a complaint for the Board to force the accounting firm to pay these penalties?

Kristen -

Please be advised, this office cannot give legal advice or represent private individuals who seek refunds or reimbursements. Regulatory jurisdiction is limited to seeking discipline against a Respondent’s license. If you feel that you need legal assistance, you should consider contacting private legal counsel.

The Board's main objective is to determine if the licensee or licensed accounting firm violated the Accountancy Act. If the conduct of the CPA or licensed accounting firm costs the consumer money, the consumer should file a civil lawsuit against that individual or firm.

Contact an agent. Submit a request