I am licensed in another state. Can I visit Tennessee to list or sell real estate and ‘‘partner’’ or ‘‘cooperate’’ with a Tennessee licensee in order to avoid obtaining a Tennessee real estate license?

Jason S -

No. A real estate licensee from another state or jurisdiction cannot ‘‘cooperate’’ or ‘‘partner’’ with a Tennessee licensee in order to conduct business that requires a real estate license in this state without obtaining a license issued by the Tennessee Real Estate Commission (TREC). A licensed Tennessee broker may pay a commission to a licensed broker of another state provided such non-resident broker does not conduct in this state any of the negotiations for which a commission is paid.

See: TCA § 62-13- 302.

Contact an agent. Submit a request