How do I retire my cosmetology/barber license?

Jason S -


If you are a Cosmetologist, Aesthetician, Manicurist, Natural Hairstylist, or Barber and want to retire your license, please submit the following information:

(1) the current, active, cosmetology/barber license #,

(2) a statement requesting to retire the license and giving your current mailing address, and

(3) a $50 fee.  


Upon receipt of these three (3) items, the board will send you a retired inactive license certificate.  You cannot practice in any of the areas for which the license was issued until the license has been reactivated.

If you are 65 years or older the day you mail the information to us with the fee, we will put the license into Retirement…. If you change your mind after you have been put into  Retired status and want to bring license back to Active status, you will only have to mail your retired license and another letter back to us with the renewal fee of $60 asking to become active again.


If you are younger than 65 years old when you put that license into Retired status.  If you change your mind and want to bring the license back to Active status you will have to take both exams again and then Reapply for the license with us.   ANY LICENSE PUT INTO RETIREMENT BEFORE AGE  65 please note that in order TO BRING THE LICENSE BACK TO ACTIVE, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO RETEST AND THEN REAPPLY FOR A LICENSE WITH US.



Contact an agent. Submit a request