Complete an "Initial Establishment" Application by visiting https://core.tn.gov
The New Business application should be completed at CORE.tn.gov. All documents are required and should be available and ready to upload to application.
1. Non-Refundable application fee – Five Hundred Seventy-Five ($575.00) dollars.
2. Letter from local zoning authority on official stationery stating the property is specifically zoned for a Funeral Establishment or Crematory facility. (It is unacceptable to only state the property is commercially zoned or is zoned B-1 or other zoning codes).
3. Letter from appropriate authority on official stationery stating the establishment has adequate parking space available. If there are no parking requirements, the letter must state there are no parking requirements.
4. Letter from appropriate authority on official stationery verifying that the establishment
is connected to the sewer system.
5. If establishment is on a septic tank system, attach letter from the local county health department indicating that the septic system is in proper working order and for the intended use.
6. If the establishment does not have a preparation room (embalming room), a letter from a licensed funeral establishment (on the funeral establishment letter head and signed by the funeral establishment manager) stating the location where preparation of dead human remains will be performed.
7. If the establishment does not have a crematory onsite, a copy of the establishment’s most recent inspection will be needed.
8. Copy of the establishment license of the crematory that will be used.
9. If the establishment will have an onsite crematory the State of Tennessee Air Pollution Control Board Department of Environment and Conservation permit is needed. The name of the permit needs to be the exact name of the establishment.
10. Must have General Price List, Casket Price List, Outer Burial Container Price List and Statement of Funeral Goods and Services Selected with new establishment name and address.
11. If Ownership is a corporation, attach a copy of the corporate charter from the Secretary of State.
12. If Ownership is a corporation, attach a list of all officers, titles, addresses and agent for service of process.
13. If Ownership is a Corporation or Limited Liability (LLC), attach a copy of organization from the Secretary of State.
14. If Ownership is a Corporation or Limited Liability (LLC), attach a list of the members of the LLC and their addresses and phone numbers.
15. List of ALL employees with the residential address of every employee, personal phone numbers, stating full-time or part-time employment, and stating whether the employee is licensed or unlicensed. If the employee is a licensed Funeral Director and/or Embalmer, state the license number(s). If the employee is a preneed sales agent, provide the preneed
II. Inspection by Regulatory Board Field Representative
When all of the above documents have been submitted, a field representative from the Board will conduct an on-site inspection. At the time of the inspection a copy of the firm's general price list, casket price list, outer burial price list and statement of funeral goods and services selected must be available.
Is this establishment going to offer or sell preneed funeral contracts? If so, this establishment must register as a Preneed Seller with Burial Services and any individual either offering or selling preneed funeral contracts and/or prearrangement insurance policies must register as a Preneed Sales Agent with Burial Services prior to either offering or selling funeral contracts.