Registering With An Out-of-State Corporation or LLC

Christine Marotteck -

If your Corporation or LLC is in another state, you will need to register in Tennessee. Contact the Tennessee Secretary of State by visiting their website or calling (615) 741-2286. You may obtain forms to register as a foreign corporation or limited liability company and check for name availability.

To obtain a business tax license, contact the Department of Revenue.

Federal Employee Identification Numbers (FEIN) may be obtained from the IRS.

Contact an agent. Submit a request