Are HVAC contractors regulated by the Board for projects less than $25,000?

Permanently deleted user -

Not unless it is in a county that has adopted the Home Improvement law and they do not have their own HVAC permit and licensing process. Most projects with a cost of less than $25,000 are regulated at the local level. It would be best to contact the county in which the work will be performed. The Board does not have a special HVAC license for small projects, except for the Home Improvement license, which is required only in certain counties. Local municipalities have their own requirements for a license or permit for inspections.

The Board has a CMC-C classification for HVAC contractors, which is required for projects in excess of $25,000. CMC (full mechanical) also covers. For small HVAC projects please check with the local municipality for their license, permit and inspection requirements. Contact local government.

Contact an agent. Submit a request