I am not a CPA. I offer bookkeeping and tax preparation for my clients. Do I have to follow Tennessee's Accountancy law and rules?

Vernon Greene -

No. The Board's jurisdiction is limited to licensed CPAs, PAs and licensed accounting firms. However, unlicensed individuals are not allowed to call themselves CPAs, PAs or accountants. Unlicensed individuals and firms should not advertise any attest services in any media. Unlicensed individuals cannot issue audits, reviews or compilation reports. Non-licensees should utilize the Safe Harbor Language in connection with financial statements in Rule 0020-4-.06

Contact an agent. Submit a request