Does Tennessee offer reciprocity for Real Estate licensing?

Olivia Flood -

No. The Tennessee Real Estate Commission does not offer a reciprocal license at this time.

However, if you hold or have held a real estate license in another state and are now a resident of Tennessee, you may still qualify under Tennessee statute to have your real estate education, the national portion of the exam and/or your experience (if applying for a broker license) substitute for Tennessee's education, national portion of the examination and/or experience.

Please download a Worksheet A- Education - Examination Evaluation Form. You must send TREC this completed worksheet and a "Certified License History" from all the states where you hold or have held a real estate license to Upon review of your request, TREC will notify you of your education and examination requirements to obtain a Tennessee real estate license.

TCA 62-13-302

Contact an agent. Submit a request