- Apply online at CORE or mail a completed application together with a check or money order made payable to the Department of Commerce and Insurance for forty-five dollars ($45.00).
- An applicant shall submit proof of successfully completing a recognized and accepted training course provided by professional building codes organizations identified in Tenn. Comp. R. & Regs. 0780-02-16-.04, and/or examination approved and recognized by the State Fire Marshal, or designee, which tested knowledge and skills in the specialty or specialties in which the applicant seeks certification.
- The State Fire Marshal, or designee, shall recognize and accept certification from the following professional building codes organizations as providing the appropriate level of standards and qualifications necessary for certification:
- International Code Council (ICC);
- National Fire Protection Association (N.F.P.A.);
- Other appropriate professional building and fire code organizations recognized by the State Fire Marshal, or designee; or,
- Successful completion of an equivalent examination administered at the discretion of the State Fire Marshal, or designee.
How do I obtain a Certified Codes Inspectors Certification?
Jason S -