What is the Division of Consumer Affairs unable to do?

Jason S -

We cannot:

  • Act on your behalf or provide you with legal advice on your rights and obligations under the law.
  • Make formal decisions on whether a person or business had breached the law as only the courts can do this.
  • We cannot file a lawsuit whose only purpose is to recover money or property for you.
Contact an agent. Submit a request