Certified Trainer applicants must submit an application online at core.tn.gov and a $150 initial license fee along with proof that the applicant met the following requirements:
1. "Initial Trainer Application" (CORE)
- A resume outlining the education and experience of the applicant, including descriptions of all employment or occupations engaged in during the immediate past five (5) years
- Documentation (verification must be on letter-head from employer/agency) stating a minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience in a security related field, refer to TCA 62-35-126.
- Note: your resume is Not considered proof of experience.
iii. Instructor Certificates
- Training Categories:
d. CHEMICAL SPRAY
e. STUN GUN
- Evidence of qualifications to conduct the training, such as: instructor’s certificate issued by Tennessee Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission; instructor’s certificate issued by any law enforcement agency; instructor’s certificate issued by the National Rifle Association
- For each type of nonlethal weapons training which the applicant desires to provide, a certificate showing that the applicant has completed a course in the instruction of persons in the proper use of the nonlethal weapon and the liabilities associated with its use; and/or a notarized statement that the applicant has, for at least one (1) year prior to November 1, 1996, provided training to security guard/officers or law enforcement officers in the proper use of the nonlethal weapon and the liabilities associated with its use.
3. Fee, $150
i. Application Fee, $100
ii. Certification Fee, $50