Companies must submit an application online at core.tn.gov and an initial license fee along with proof that the applicant met the following requirements:
1. "Initial Contract Security Company" Application (CORE)
2. Supporting Documents:
If applying as a partnership, each partner must meet all qualification requirements, including electronic fingerprinting, experience or examination and each partner must provide all of the required information with this application.
i. Certificate of Insurance
- Must display the following certificate holder:
Tennessee Private Protective Services
500 James Robertson Parkway
Nashville, TN 37243
ii. Receipt for Electronic Fingerprinting
- Electronic fingerprinting must be done through Identigo.
iii. Detailed Resume
iv. Three (3) Credit References
v. Verification of Experience/Exam Score
- If you plan to qualify for licensure on the basis of EXPERIENCE. You must provide all the necessary/required documentation to substantiate the indicated experience. You must include written verification from previous employer(s) documenting at least three (3) years of supervisory experience with a contract security company, proprietary security organization, federal, United States military, state, county or municipal law enforcement agency, as per Tenn. Code Ann. 62-35-106(6)(A) or (B). A resume alone is not considered proof of experience.
- If your experience is insufficient, or you do not submit adequate supporting documentation, you will be required to take the prescribed examination in order to qualify.
vi. Articles of Incorporation (If Applicable)
vi. Criminal History Documentation (If Applicable)
i. Application Fee, $300
ii. License Fee,
a. Company employing 0-49 Guards: $125.00
b. Company employing 50+ Guards: $425.00