To become an auctioneer, an applicant must first apply to become an affiliate or apply with a reciprocal license. Applicant may begin the apprenticeship upon receipt of the license.
Instructions below effective, July 1, 2019. Applicants must submit an application online at core.tn.gov and a $225 initial license fee along with proof that the applicant met the following requirements:
1. "Initial Affiliates Auctioneers Application" (CORE)
2. Supporting Documents
i. . Complete 50-hour approved auction education program and obtain education certificates.
- Sixteen (16) hours of Basic Fundamental Instruction
- Thirty-four (34) hours of classroom or online instruction in the Fundamentals of Auctioneering
ii. Exam Score Sheet
- MUST complete and submit application to testing company (PSI) for the affiliate examination
- After receiving notice that you have successfully completed the affiliate exam, remit the appropriate fees to the Tennessee Auctioneer Commission
3. Fee, $225