An individual must:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be of good moral character;
- Be properly protected against communicable diseases either through immunization or education;
- Have graduated from a high school or has earned a GED recognized by a state education department;
- Have successfully completed an Associate of Arts in a mortuary service program consisting of not less than sixty (60) semester hours, ninety (90) quarter hours of the equivalent, with a program accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education.
- Have completed one (1) year of an apprenticeship in the presence of an under the direction and supervision of a licensed embalmer.
- Pass the Funeral Director Examination and State Law, Rules and Regulations Examination and pay the required fees.
For more information please visit our Getting Started page!