Private Protective Services
Effective Date: 7/1/2021 DETECTION SERVICES LICENSING PROGRAM (Alarm System Contractors, Private Investigation and Polygraph and Private Protective Services) will become a commissioner ran program.
- Who should I contact if I’m not sure that my training is compliant or I need assistance applying?
- How do these new requirements impact fees?
- If I am a certified trainer who wants to provide these new trainings to security guards, how do I become certified by the Program to provide these trainings?
- What are the penalties for the failure to complete this additional training?
- Where can these trainings be completed?
- When does this additional training need to be completed by?
- ★ Guards: How does Dallas Law affect Unarmed and Armed Guards?
- ★ Companies: How does Dallas Law affect companies?
- ★ What is Dallas Law?
- ★ What if I have someone just working the door temporarily?
- ★ Help me understand if I need registered security guards.
- ★ How does Dallas Law impact guards?
Applicant Licensing Resources
- ★ How do I apply for an Unarmed Guard license?
- ★ Can an applicant for Armed or Unarmed Security Officer work prior to issuance of the registration card?
- How do I apply for a Contract Security Company license?
- How do I apply to be an Initial Proprietary Security Organization (PSO)?
- How do I apply to be a Certified Trainer?
- How do I apply for an Armed Guard license?
General Licensing Resources
- ★ How long will it take to process my Private Protective Services application?
- ★ Who is required to be licensed?
- What do I need to do to change the name of my Contract Security Company?
- How do I change my name on my private protective license?
- I need a duplicate of my private protective license.
- Can I change my Private Protective license information online?
- ★ How do I renew a Private Protective Services license?
- I let my Private Protective Services license or registration expire. How do I have it reinstated?
- Is Continuing Education required for Private Protective Services?
- Is there a list of approved continuing education courses for Private Protective Services?
- How far in advance of expiration date should my Private Protective Services renewal be completed?
- ★ What happens after I file a complaint?
- ★ How do I file a complaint to the Tennessee Private Protective Services?
- ★ How do I verify if someone is licensed with the Tennessee Private Protective Services?
- What can the State do if I have a legitimate grievance?
- How do I get information regarding complaints filed or disciplinary action taken against an licensee?
- Can I file a complaint anonymously?