Architects & Engineers
To safeguard life, health and property and to promote the public welfare through the establishment of standards and regulating the practice of architecture, engineering and landscape architecture and the use of the title "registered interior designer" within the State of Tennessee.
General Licensing Resources
- ★ CORE Online Application
- ★ How can I find out the status of my architect/engineer application?
- How do I obtain a verification of examination/registration, and is there a fee for this service?
- How do I change my name on my architect/engineer license?
- What is the Board of Architectural and Engineer Examiners’ position on the use of prototypical plans?
- May any person provide inspection or review of buildings or sites to determine if the project construction phase conforms to the architectural and engineering construction documents?
Architects & Engineers Registration
- How do I change my architect/engineer registration status?
- How long are architect/engineer registrants required to retain plans?
- May a Tennessee registrant affix his seal and signature to plans and specifications prepared by an out-of-state design professional for submittal in Tennessee?
- When is a registered design professional required?
- How can I obtain a mailing list of registrants?
- Does Tennessee charge a fee for providing verifications of examination/registration to other states?
License Renewal Resources
- ★ How many Professional Development Hours (PDHs) are required?
- ★ Can I renew online?
- ★ Do I need to send copies of my continuing education records with my renewal?
- When does my architect/engineer registration come up for renewal, and are inactive and retired registrants still required to renew their registrations?
- Do I need to renew my engineer intern certification?
- I will be renewing my registration after the expiration date because I am completing my Professional Development Hours (PDHs) during the six-month “grace period.” Can I still practice my profession during this period?
Firm Disclosure Resources
- Who is required to file an architect/engineer firm disclosure, and how often should it be updated?
- Does my architect/engineer firm need to obtain a Certificate of Authority/Authorization?
- May I be in responsible charge of more than one architect/engineer firm?
- Who is required to file a firm disclosure, and how often should it be updated?
- ★ How do I verify if someone is licensed?
- ★ What happens when I file an architect/engineer complaint?
- ★ How do I file an architect/engineer complaint?
- What can the State do if I have a legitimate grievance?
- How do I get information regarding complaints filed or disciplinary action taken against and Architect or Engineer?